Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Beginning

First I would like to direct you to a small collection of work that is hosted on issuu.com.
DSPortfolio

Now with that out of the way I would like to complete the introduction.

My name is Dillon Scheenaard, and I herald from the great white north of Canada. I live in Toronto, Ontario and am attending Ontario College of Art & Design for advertising design.

As time passes I will upload work that I have done from this date on. My passions stem from the modernist graphic designers such as Josef Müller-Brockman, Armin Hoffman, A. M. Cassandre and my personal favourite, Wolfgang Weingart. I enjoy the clean and well structured compositions of them all, with the excuse of Weingart who of course had a structured chaos in many of his works.

Now to show a piece.

This page is an illustration of a song by Status Quo, evidently titled "Again & Again". In titles I can be anal retentive and the word "and" will never show up, they are always replaced with an ampersand. This page helps to demonstrate my minor OCD with this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment