Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Big Apple

I'd love to say I've been doing a lot of work this summer, but that's not the case. Instead I went to NYC for my birthday haha. Really enjoyed myself, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. I didn't really take my camera out when I was just wandering the city, but one day I did take it out, I made it work.

Enjoy.

This is the greatest building in the world. Say hello to the Seagram Building... So perfect!

Seagram Building

Seagram Building

Seagram Building

Then I went to the MoMA... Loved it there.

Henry Darger:

Darger - At Jennie Richee.

Darger - At Jennie Richee.

detail:

Darger detail

Darger detail

Some cool performance installation!

Performance installation

Performance installation

Performance installation

Performance installation

Some Toulouse-Lautrec
Toulouse-Lautrec

La Goulue at the Moulin Rouge
Toulouse-Lautrec - La Goulue at the Moulin Rouge

Henri Rousseau - The Dream
Rousseau - The Dream

Joseph Beuys - Earth Telephone
Joseph Beuys - Earth Telephone

Dan Flavin - Monument for V Tatlin
Flavin - Monument for V Tatlin

Clyfford Still - 1944-No. 2
Still - 1944-no.2

Mark Rothko - No. 16
Rothko - No. 16

No. 3/No. 13
Rothko - No. 3/No. 13

No. 10
Rothko - No. 10

Man Ray - Indestructible Object
Ray - Indestructible Object

Frank Lloyd Wright - Falling Water
Lloyd Wright - Falling Water

Josef Müller-Brockmann - Musica Viva 1959
Müller-Brockmann - Musica Viva Rosbaud 1959

Weniger Lärm
Müller-Brockmann - Weniger Larm

Stephan Sagmeister - Neenah Paper Poster
Sagmeister - Neenah Paper Poster

Vincent van Gogh - The Starry Night
van Gogh - Starry Night

Pablo Picasso - Les Demoiselles d'Avignon
Picasso - Les Demoiselles d'Avignon

Constantin Brancusi - Untitled (La Colonne Sans Fin)
Untilted (La Colonne sans Fin)

Mlle Pogany ver. I
Brancusi - Mlle Pogany ver. I

Francis Picabia - M'Amenez-Y
Picabia - M'Amenez-Y

Marcel Duchamp - Bicycle Wheel (the only piece of his I like)
Duchamp - Bicycle Wheel

Three favourites! Kasimir Malevich - White on White
Malevich - White on White

Suprematist Painting
Malevich - Suprematist Painting

Airplane Flying
Malevich - Airplane Flying

And what the hell, yea I looked like a first time flyer, but it was worth it because clouds are so fucking beautiful!
clouds1

clouds2

5 comments:

  1. I never got to see the cloud pictures! I love them, clouds are so incredibly magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've got everything there! Great mix of photos. I like The Starry Night, because Van Gogh is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea the clouds were amazingly beautiful!

    Thanks Sharon, Mark Rothko and Malevich are my two favourites that I saw. Rothko's are just so mystic and Malevich's are simple and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dill, awesome pics - so jealous of your trip and witnessing amazing art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dillon, the Rothko room at AB/EX was the only one that I saw with benches so you could sit and contemplate the art. #16 is an amazing piece. Rothko said, "Often, towards nightfall, there's a feeling in the air of mystery, threat frustration..." I think he captured it well.

    ReplyDelete